Welcome to KSMO’s Open Market. The Open Market show runs each day Monday through Friday from 1:00 p.m. to approximately 1:30 p.m.
The Open Market works by you submitting items you would like to buy, sell, or trade. There are three ways you can do this:
- Mail your items to KSMO Radio, Open Market at 800 S. Main, Salem, Mo 65560. The items you wish to buy, sell or trade will be read for one full week (five shows) once received unless they are dated.
- Drop a note in the Open Market basket before the show starts each day. The Open Market Basket is located in the lobby of KSMO. These items will also be read for one full week ( five shows)
- You can send an e-mail to the Open Market before 11:00 AM the day of the show. Items e-mailed are NOT guaranteed to be aired the day sent, but will run for five shows from the day retrieved and printed.
Click here to jump to our email submission form on this page.
The rules and limitations are as follows:
- No more than four items may be submitted per call/note/e-mail. You may e-mail more than once or leave more than one note. Each submission should not have more than four items or your note, letter or e-mail may not be allowed and your ad may be discarded. A total of 12 items per day can be submitted by all means.
- All items submitted must have an address or a phone number so you can be contacted.
- There is no longer a price limit for any item. You are not required to submit a price with your item, but you may include a price if you wish.
- Only one licensed vehicle can be sold at a time by one person (address, phone number, etc.). The vehicle must have a good title and be in operating condition. The same applies to a boat, four-wheeler, motorcycle, etc.
- Lost pets may be submitted, but only once. Please identify the animal as much as possible including name, gender, age, unique identfying marks, when/where the animal was lost, etc.
- All items submitted will be read for five consecutive shows from the day it is received.
- Any item that does not follow the rules will NOT be read, nor will any item that is not clearly identified. It is at the sole discretion of the KSMO staff whether or not to air an item on the Open Market.
- Items that are for the Civic Record will NOT be read on the Open Market unless approved prior to the show by station personnel.
- Has your item sold? Click here to notify us so that we may remove your listing.
- Item Descriptions are limited to a maximum of 75 words each.